The First Christian Church congregation began in August of 1872 as a local group of believers in Christ who desired to use the New Testament as its only guide for faith and practice. This independent congregation is a community style church that governs itself and calls its own lay leaders and ministry staff. Historically our spiritual roots go back to what was referred to as "The Restoration Movement" of the early 19th century in frontier America.
Through the years, the church body has met at different locations around town and presently resides on the corner of College and Ward Streets in Carrollton, Georgia.
Today the congregation focuses its purpose on encouraging and equipping people in a relationship with Jesus Christ. Led by a group of Elders and Staff, the church seeks to train people to be fully devoted followers of Christ. The Bible calls these followers Disciples. We desire to be deeply spiritual and serve the Lord significantly in our community and around the world.